Friday, September 25, 2009

Crying out aloud.

"Our Lord!" (they say), "Let not our hearts deviate now after Thou hast guided us, but grant us mercy from Thine own presence, for Thou art the grantor of bounties without measure"

(Suraah Al-Emran, 8)

When I came to this Deen, I can still remember how I would cry each time I read the Qu'ran. I cried because I was reading the truth, the word of God, and I wondered why it took me so long to finally realise it. Al Qu'ran explained everything simply and it made complete sense as well.

But we are living in this age whereby there are people who are constantly trying to pull you to falsehood. They invent lies against this Deen to create doubts in our hearts. Media is ubiquitious and we cannot run from their constant false potrayal about Islam. To stray from this Deen is easy when our eemaan has shaky foudations and I fear if I am one of those whose Deen is not strongly rooted to the ground.

I fear for myself that if I don't safeguard myself properly, I fall into this trap of shaitan. I fear that someday I would find the life of this duniya more attractive to the life of the akhirah and I forget about this Deen. I don't wish to live like in the times of jahiliyyah where life has no proper purpose except to chase after the glitters in this temporary world.

This is taken from a khutbah:

This problem is more severe now because of the exceptional case that Muslims live in this age and that is living in non-Islamic societies where they are not ruled by the divine rules and where the deen of Allah (S.W.T.) is not prevalent over the lives of people.... To the point that the status of a person is like what the prophet (S.A.W.) described, "Holding onto
his deen is like holding onto ember (a burning piece of coal)."


Also the other reason for a believer not to remain firm on the deen is Building the firmness in the deen of Allah (S.W.T.) on the heart which is not stable and always changing about which the prophet (S.A.W.) said in an authentic hadith reported by Imams Ahmad and Al-Hakim, "The heart of the son of Adam is up to be more unstable than the boiling water in a pot." The prophet also said about it in another authentic hadith reported by Imam Ahmad, "It was called "al’qalb" (meaning the heart) from "Taqalub" because of its changing nature; the example of the heart is like a feather at the trunk of a tree that the wind keeps turning it upside down." For this reason, the prophet (S.A.W.) used to supplicate frequently which was reported in an authentic hadith by Imam At-Trimithi saying, "O’ Allah, The One Who changes hearts, make my heart firm on your deen."

O Allah, always keep us on the straight path
O Allah, don't leave us astray when You have guided us on this right path.
O my Rabb....

Note: No objective in this post. Just to let out my concerns and worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment